Saturday, May 3, 2008

My First Triathlon

Getting "marked" for the swim leg of the race.
Elise was so exited.

I was in heat seven with other ten year olds and one eleven year old.

Getting ready to swim.


And no it was not two feet it was twelve.

I dried off and changed for biking.

Then me and my strange helmet someone lent me were off on the two mile bike ride. on that bike ride I passed all of the people my age but two.

And I was determined to pass the one closest to me.






And I did not give up until I passed him for second place.

Then finally my dad and I ran a half mile.
I passed the kid in first and felt like I was going to pass out. My dad and the crowd encouraged me to keep going.
And I finished 1st in my age group!

I was exhausted...
...but happy.




5 comments:

Nicole said...

Grant, that is so amazing! You have inspired me to prepare for my own triathlon!

Lauryn said...

i am amasd at your pikshrs.love lauryn.

Unknown said...

Dear Grant,
This is awsome. A real triathelete!!! I guess all that running around the kitchen and pushup contests with uncle Danny at Grandma's house might have helped. we love you.
Grandpa Holt

Kelley said...

Cool, Grant. Congratulations on your win and on doing a triathlon. Maybe I'll have to do something like this soon.

Regan said...

wow grant! neat picture.:)